Center for Metal Arts
P.O. Box 30
Chester, N.Y. 10981
From NYS Rte 87 take exit 16, which places you on Rte 17 West. Take Rte 17 to Exit 94 south. Continue 4 miles to the village of Florida. turn left at the first traffic light, take your first right at the rear of the Dunkin Donuts onto Jayne Street, go through one intersection, to the first driveway on the right. We are located in the former icehouse at 44 Jayne Street.
From NYS Rte 84 take Exit 4 East towards Goshen, which places you on Rte 17 East. From Rte 17, take Goshen/Florida Exit 124. At the end of the exit ramp, turn left on 17A toward Florida. Go through one traffic light by BOCES, and through the second light by Dunkin Donuts. At the rear of the Dunkin Donuts turn right on to Jayne St. Go through one intersection, to the first driveway on the right. We are located in the former icehouse at 44 Jayne Street.
By Air: Stewart International Airport (SWF) is the closest airport to fly into, only 30 minutes from the studio. Newark International Airport (EWR) is the nearest large airport, with public transit via NYC. Kennedy (JFK) and La Guardia (LGA) airports are also convenient, with public transit through NYC. Westchester Airport (HPN) is also convenient. All airports have car rentals or call us to work out your travel plans.
Public Transportation from NYC: A Shortline Bus runs from the Port Authority bus terminal in NYC to Monroe, NY. The Center for Metal Arts is approximately 25 minutes from the Monroe (Rt.17 Park and Ride) Stop. If you call in advance we can coordinate to pick you up at the Monroe (Rt.17 Park and Ride) Stop.This is the best option for a weekend commute. During the week the Chester (Rt. 17 Cumberland Farms) Stop is closer, and has more scheduling options.
Schedules and tickets are available at http://www.coachusa.com/shortline/ss.tickets.asp *Please note that there are 2 Monroe stops. You want the RT.17 Park and Ride, it will be the second stop.
- Black Bear Campground (845-651-7717) has lodges available with efficiency kitchens but no linens, a few miles from the studio. Book early as these rooms go fast.
- The Holiday Express in Chester (845-469-3000) is 8 minutes away. Ask for CMA rates.
- Comfort Inn at Goshen (845-291-1282) New and comfortable. Ask for CMA rates.
- Warwick Motel (845-896-4822) 10 minutes away on Rte 17A in Warwick offers rooms with kitchenettes.
- Warwick Conference Center (845-986-1164, ask for Lorraine Otterbein) has rooms with double beds and common bath available on as-available basis.
- Inn at Stony Creek (845-986-3660) Ask for the reduced CMA rates M-F, lodging only, at this B & B.
- The Days Inn (845-374-2411/800-325-2525) is 20 minutes away at 17M and Rte 6 in Middletown.
We will be happy to coordinate room shares to split room costs. Please call us with any questions.